A super-easy recipe to make when you can’t smoke and need your edibles readily. Make sure to Decarboxylate your concentrate, oil, or wax first!!!
Cannabis Gummy Bears & Treats
By December 3, 2014Published:
- Yield: Approx 1/2 cup (20-30 Servings)
- Prep: 5 + 30 (Decarb) mins
- Cook: 5 mins
- Ready In: 10 mins
An extremely easy recipe that incorporates BHO, or other cannabis concentrates into a very portable, tasty potent cannabis gummy treat.
- 1 3-OZ Package Jell-O Gelatin packet Choose your favorite flavor (we used strawberry)
- 4 packets Plain Gelatin
- 1/2 Cup Cold Filtered Water
- 6 Grams 6Gs Decarboxylated Hash Oil Warmed for thin viscosity
- 1-3 tsp Vegetable Glycerin
- Prep candy molds by spraying with non-stick spray. Combine flavored and unflavored gelatin and cold water in a small saucepan. Stir until well mixed. Place over medium heat and stir constantly until mixture becomes liquid. Mixture should be around 180º F and no higher!
- Stir in 6 grams of decarboxylated hash oil (or however much you have on hand) and mix thoroughly. You can see the dark bits of oil in the mixture. Stir in 1 tsp of vegetable glycerin to help the oil and gelatin mixture blend. Use up to 3 tsp glycerin to help keep things blended. There's enough glycerin when you see no separation of oil and Jell-o when standing for approx 1-2 minutes.
- Use turkey baster to draw up liquid for easy placement in candy molds.
- Place molds in fridge to cool for approx 20 minutes. Remove from molds and dust lightly with cornstarch and/or citric acid powder (for tartness) to keep them from sticking to each other.
- Finished candy from another batch- notice how the oil just sits in there, ready to be eaten :) (This was before I discovered the vegetable glycerin!) According to my calculations, these candies have approximately 36mg hash oil per 1 gram of candy weight. Definitely not for the beginner!!! Another note- these had a LOT of hash oil in them and tasted very medicine-like and burned the back of the throat a bit. I would lower the amount of oil and aim for 100 mg hash oil per piece next time.
- To make last longer than a couple weeks: store in refrigerator! These will get moldy pretty quickly being that they're just gelatin and sugar. Better still is to freeze the treats, as they'll last the longest this way. Just remember to take them out of the freezer the night before you want to enjoy these candies.