Cannabutter Cookies with Almond or Orange Cannabutter Frosting
By November 14, 2012Published:
- Yield: 36
- Prep: 3 hrs 0 min
- Cook: 10 mins
- Ready In: 3 hrs 25 mins
Classic rolled and cut cannabutter cookies with the added twist of a hint of almond or orange in the frosting
- 1 C cannabutter softened
- 1 C sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 T orange juice
- 1 T vanilla
- 2 1/4 C flour
- 1/4 C cannaflour
- 1 t baking powder
- 3 C powdered sugar
- 1/3 C cannabutter softened
- 1 t vanilla
- 1/4 t almond or orange extract
- 1-2 T milk
- food color if desired
- Combine 1 cup cannabutter, sugar and egg in large bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Add orange juice and 1 tablespoon vanilla. Continue beating, scraping bowl often, until well mixed. Reduce speed to low; add flour, cannaflour and baking powder. Beat until well mixed.
- Divide dough into thirds. Shape each third into a ball; flatten slightly. Wrap each in plastic food wrap; refrigerate until firm (2 to 3 hours).
- Heat oven to 400°F. Roll out dough, one-third at a time, on lightly floured surface (keeping remaining dough refrigerated), to 1/8- to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut with 3-inch cookie cutters. Place 1 inch apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 6 to 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Let stand on cookie sheets 1 minute; remove to wire cooling rack. Cool completely.
- Combine powdered sugar, 1/3 cup cannabutter, 1 teaspoon vanilla and almond or orange extract in small bowl. Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often and gradually adding enough milk for desired spreading consistency. Tint with food color, if desired. Frost and decorate cooled cookies as desired.
- Variation: Cannabutter Cookies with Glaze: Prepare cookies as directed above omitting frosting. To prepare glaze, stir together 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons water, 1 tablespoon cannabutter, softened, 1 tablespoon light corn syrup and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract in medium bowl until smooth, adding additional water, if necessary, to reach desired glazing consistency. Tint with food color, if desired. Glaze cooled cookies. Decorate as desired. Let stand until glaze is hardened (6 hours or overnight).